September 16, 2016
Eighteen companies based in the Ottawa area have made the Profit 500, a list of the fastest-growing companies in Canada.
You.i TV was the highest ranked local company, coming in 15th place. Its revenue has grown 4,453 per cent over the past five years.
“It’s always an honour to be recognized among some of Canada’s leading companies. This recognition of our growth, combined with our recent customer announcements and round of funding, is an exciting reminder of how far we’ve come,” Jason Flick, the company’s CEO said in a release.
Among local companies, BBG Management Corp., was the second highest-ranked, with five-year revenue growth of 2,033 per cent. That ranked the firm 39th overall.
Napkyn placed third among local firms. Its 985 per cent revenue growth earned it the 78th spot overall. Ontario Rental and Supply was the fourth highest-ranked local company. It was in 100th place overall, with five-year revenue growth of 712 per cent. A Hundred Answers, which was the highest-ranked local company in 2014 and 2015 was fifth among Ottawa-based firms and 104th overall, with five-year revenue growth of 682 per cent. Three local companies made the Startup 50, a list of Canada’s fastest-growing startups.
“These young companies promise to transform Canada’s economy through innovation and determination,” James Cowan, the editor-in-chief of Profit and Canadian Business magazines, which put out the list, said in a release. “Their stories of early success are truly inspiring.”
HostedBizz ranked 18th on that list, with two-year revenue growth of 436 per cent.
“We are very proud to be recognized by PROFIT Magazine for our growth and overall market performance,” HostedBizz’s co-founder Paul Butcher said in a release.
Martello Technologies ranked 31st, with two-year revenue growth of 298 per cent.
“We’re thrilled to see Martello recognized in the Startup 50 ranking alongside other growing firms across the country,” Bruce Linton, Martello’s CEO said in a release. “As part of a high-tech innovation cluster here in Ottawa, we know that Canada is a leader when it comes to innovation. This ranking shines a spotlight on the many firms driving economic growth, and top notch teams like ours with some of Canada’s brightest talents. ”
Fusebill ranked 39th, with two-year revenue growth of 169 per cent. Overall, the fast-growing company on the Profit 500 was Vancouver-based Canada Drives. It boasted revenue growth of 12,686 per cent over the past five years. Topping the Startup 50 was Shoes.com, with two-year revenue growth of 7,403.
Other local companies on the Profit 500 list:
6. Iceberg Networks, 113th place, with 650% revenue growth
7. Pythian, 151st place, with 437% revenue growth
8. Avaleris, 153rd place, with 435% revenue growth
9. Orangutech, 156th place, with 434% revenue growth
10. D-Squared Construction, 193rd place, with 308% revenue growth
11. The KTL Group, 219th place with 258% revenue growth
12. MaxSys Staffing & Consulting, 231st place, with 239% revenue growth
13. Aqua Drain Sewer Services, 263rd place, with 207% revenue growth
14. Superna, 303rd place, with 178% revenue growth
15. Shared, 338th place, with 155% revenue growth
16. PiiComm, 362nd place with 139% revenue growth
17. Epiphan Video, 450th place with 91% revenue growth
18. Iron Horse Security, 499th place, with 64% revenue growth