After the media frenzy that followed Bruce Linton’s departure from Canopy Growth, Martello was put into the spotlight following comments by our co-chairman.
“I would like to help Martello both define and execute their strategy on acquisitions because it is a very thoughtful and solid company that essentially allows all of the business applications in offices to work the way they should and avoid problems for users and the IT team. As companies are distributing and globalizing, this should be an even bigger problem that Martello can solve, and so I would like to spend some time with that,” Bruce Linton said.
Sporting his Martello t-shirt the entrepreneurial mogul conducted interviews with Bloomberg, Global News and CTV News, the day after his release from the company he founded 6 years before.
“What I think really happened was Bruce wore the T-shirt and that sort of shone a bit of a spotlight on Martello,” said John Proctor, President and CEO of Martello Technologies Group Inc. (MTLO.V), in an interview with BNN Bloomberg’s Jon Erlichman. “When people looked at us they found we were fairly substantial – they probably thought we were a little bit undervalued and reacted accordingly.”
Interest from investors surged following the positive feedback, sending the Martello stock soaring.
Martello has been focused on both organic growth and growth through acquisitions. Continuing to increase our product offering, we have shown success in a number of different verticals including the Internet of Things, Hospitality, Health Care, Banking and more.
Recent business developments include:
- Showcasing a proof of concept of its next-generation network performance management solution for autonomous vehicles and IoT in May 2019, developed in collaboration with BlackBerry QNX, the global supplier of software platforms to the auto industry.
- After debuting on the list last year, Martello moved up 20 spots on the 2019 Branham300 ranking of Canada’s top ICT companies
- The Company recently highlighted its growth in the hospitality industry, with Martello’s solutions now deployed in thousands of hotels around the world and partnerships with GuestTek in Canada and Naizak in the Middle East.
- Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC) in the Netherlands, a Martello customer for 13 years, recently chose Martello to improve the performance and reliability of hybrid cloud-based services, including Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- In January 2019, Martello signed an amendment to its agreement with Mitel Networks, a key partner. The terms of the amendment included expanding the coverage of Martello’s software to additional Mitel communications platforms, and extending the renewal term. Subsequently, in March 2019, Mitel announced the launch of Mitel Performance Analytics (MPA) 3.0, developed by Martello, which expands the software’s coverage to include the MiVoice Connect platform.
“We have done all the right things. And if you look at our two co-chairs, one is Bruce and the other one is Sir Terry Matthews the guy who founded Mitel, who founded Newbridge, Wales’s first billionaire,” John said in an interview with Proactive Investors.
Martello’s buy and build strategy is proving to be fruitful after the most recent acquisition of Amsterdam-based Savision in November 2018.
“Martello is fortunate to have Bruce’s expertise on capital markets and acquisition strategy”, said John Proctor, President and CEO of Martello. “Additional time with Bruce will accelerate and drive our program as we seek to expand our business with further accretive acquisitions, and focus on continuous and strong revenue growth.”
“We’re more than just a T-shirt that Bruce wore,” John told BNN Bloomberg.